Monday 4 April 2011

Race 2 Done And Still No Swimming!

Yesterday was my second race of the season and it was another duathlon. So my swimming has been taking a wee bit of a back seat lately as I have been enjoying the duathlon season a little too much! Oulton Park was yesterdays race and it was my first venture to this venue. It was a bit windy but at least it was dry right up until half way round my second run. I was expecting the track to be flatter than it was but there are a couple of short sharp bumps on this race circuit which sap your bike legs, especially after about 5 or 6 laps, and I really had to concentrate on counting my bike laps, all 9 of them! My splits: 8.6km run - 31:15 38.8km bike - 1:03:58 4.3km run - 14:55 Total 1:52:09 I finished 12th overall and was 2nd in age group, behind Greg Macdonald (9th overall), so it was a RAF 1, 2 in our AG! Jase Walkley did well in the sprint race too, taking 2nd overall...bring on the Inter Services Du!! So although I'd already qualified for the Worlds at Clumber, it was nice to 'back it up' with a good race at Oulton. Overall, I'm very happy with my running at the moment (negative splits and 4th fastest second run!) but I feel as though my bike is not where I want it to be although I think I've improved a little on last season. Maybe it's just those common pre season doubts that everyone has...time will tell. My next race is the Skipton Tri in 2 weeks where I'll have to swim in that one!!? Back to the pool it is then... Train well.

No comments:

Post a Comment